Great Things to Know About the Minnesota Tourism
If you’re looking for a perfect getaway from stress or life issues, visiting Minnesota could be your saving grace. With plenty of spectacular views to see and exciting outdoor activities to experience, this is indeed the paradise you’ve been searching for. In fact, the locals say that there is more to Minnesota than the cold winters. And for those who are fond of attending festivals and seeing delightful celebrations, the state also offers amazing festivities that both local and foreign tourists are sure to take pleasure in.
The following are the highlights of Minnesota tourism that will certainly level up your vacation adventures the Minnesotan way:
- Land of Lakes – accounts say that there are 10,000 lakes found in Minnesota but the truth is there are 11,000 lakes within 90,000miles shoreline. This is so much more compared to Florida, California, and Hawaii. You can go skating once the waters freeze over or you can go canoeing when the hot summers set in. It really doesn’t matter what you want to do because Minnesota has it all for you. Tourists even love the “Minneapolis Polar Bear Plunge” with icy depths throughout the spring.
- State fair – for those who love to try the diverse tourism offers that this state has, the Great Minnesota Get-Together which is yearly organized will provide people with a lot of things to experience. There are musical performances, farm animals, and carnival rides to try and enjoy.
- Exciting cold winters – a lot of people say that Minnesota is no good during winter season. But did you know that this state is actually the perfect place for those who want to go ice fishing, sledding, or just warm up with the best hot chocolate or coffee in the city.
- Local beer – Minnesotans always love to have local beers in town. With great varieties of locally-brewed booze available around the place including in pubs and bars throughout the state. When you explore the fridge of the locals, you will find cold bottles of Summit or August Schell brewed beer. This is perfect for those who want to tickle their tastes buds once in a while with a new tang.
- Izzy ice cream – Minnesota is not only ideal for adventurous adults, this is also a great place for kids who want to taste the most delicious ice cream in the city. Izzy’s is popular among kids and those young at heart because of the flavorful ice creams offered. Located in Saint Paul and Minneapolis, you can surely enjoy the hot summers here with a creamy delight at Izzy’s. The inventive and classy flavors available are worth every penny.
- Juicy Lucy – and if you want to experience a cheesier pleasure to feed your soul, Juicy Lucy is the ultimate thing to try. This burger is very popular among foodies adventuring around the city. You can surely find this heavenly treat at Matt’s Bar and The 5-8 Club which are actually claiming they have invented the burger. Try both and find out which of them is actually telling the truth (or at the very least, determine which one’s the better burger).
- Apple connoisseur – who doesn’t love Apple? This healthy fruit is easily available in Minnesota with fresh and mouth-watering taste. There are amazing orchards located in the state and experts are known to create delicious varieties of apple for locals and tourists to try.
- Skiing – are you fond of skiing? Well, this place is also home to ski lovers with adventurous styles. Although the state is known for not having excellent downhill skiing, residents are still proud to offer the best skiing trails in the US. With cross country skiing, you can take advantage of more exciting trails while having a good time with friends and family.
Apart from the above mentioned highlight, some cities in Minnesota are also great for travelling underground in order to reach certain tourists spots. For instance, you can go around Minneapolis and discover how city dwellers love travelling way up from the ground. Skyways are seen all over but the story-high and walk-only tunnels are perfect to go and see places. People can go experience unique celebrations and festivals in Minnesota with a twist of art fair and renaissance festivities. And to keep you warm, the Caribou Coffee will exceed your Starbucks expectations. This cozy coffee shop is popularly known in the place with an excellent customer service.